THE CELEBRATING BHADRA AWARD
The ‘Celebrating Bhadra’ Award - presented by FIAPO, and sponsored by Thane SPCA, is for individuals who have made exemplary contributions in helping animal(s) in instances of cruelty. The award is primarily given to recognise efforts in cruelty prevention and to encourage innovative methods to stop such cruelty.
Applications for this award are invited from all, and 2 lucky winners will receive national recognition and a cash prize of Rs 40,000 each.
Applications must include the following details:
Details of the nominee:
Details of the applicant:
- Relationship with the nominee:
Eligibility and other requirements:
- Describe the situation in 500 words (eg: owner beating the animal and keeping him in).
- Was it a one time occurrence or a recurring incident?
- What was the action taken to address the situation?
- How was the incident used to help animals in the future? (eg: the incident was used to raise awareness, a support group was formed as a result, etc.).
- The nominee must be an individual or a group of individuals, but not a registered organisation.
- The application must be for one specific instance of cruelty and not for cruelty prevention in general.
- Some proof of this action (an FIR, court judgment, government order, etc.) must be attached with the application.
- No legal case pertaining to animal cruelty should have been lodged against the person/s involved.
Applicants are requested to send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for sending all applications is 15th August 2018.